Marketing Podcast with Paul Roetzer
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Paul Roetzer. Paul is the founder and CEO of Marketing AI Institute, and the founder of PR 20/20, HubSpot’s first partner agency. He is the author of The Marketing Performance Blueprint (Wiley, 2014) and The Marketing Agency Blueprint (Wiley, 2012); and the creator of the Marketing AI Conference (MAICON). As a speaker, Roetzer is focused on making AI approachable and actionable for marketers and business leaders. He’s also the co-author of a new book launching in June 2022 — Marketing Artificial Intelligence: AI, Marketing, and the Future of Business.
AI is simply a system that can perform tasks that normally require human intelligence. The idea and purpose behind it are to drive digital transformation, evolve an organization, do smarter marketing, save time and money and produce better outputs.
In this episode, I talk with the founder of Marketing AI Institute, Paul Roetzer, about how AI is changing the game in marketing today and how to utilize AI in your marketing to be more efficient and effective in your organization.
Questions I ask Paul Roetzer:
- [1:40] When somebody asks you, “What is AI?” — what’s the simple answer?
- [2:47] Let’s start with the dystopian view. I’m sure you hear all the time that AI is taking over — where does that view intersect with reality?
- [4:22] If your job is doing repetitive things, would you say someone in a role like that could be looking at getting replaced in the future?
- [5:18] How will AI impact the marketing profession?
- [7:21] What are some of the everyday uses of AI that people are experiencing and maybe don’t know it?
- [10:07] What are the five things that every digital agency should be diving into that are going to give them some of the advantages of using AI?
- [11:54] If you looked at these as efficiency tools alone, that would be a great start, wouldn’t it?
- [12:25] Who are some companies that you think are using AI really well in their marketing or operations?
- [13:39] What’s been the hard part of using AI for non-enterprise level organizations?
- [15:02] Would AI help you serve your existing clients better?
- [16:49] What ways are you seeing consumer behavior change?
- [18:36] Where do you see AI being applied for more personal experiences in places like an email newsletter for example?
- [20:25] What would you tell a group of folks that are just now getting into marketing where they should be putting their attention?
- [21:56] Where are your favorite places to find AI tools?
- [23:15] Where can people connect with you and find out more about your work and your book?
More About Paul Roetzer:
Take The Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network and Drip.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
Did you know there’s an automated marketing platform that’s 100% designed for your online business? It’s called Drip, and it’s got all the data insights, segmentation savvy, and email and SMS marketing tools you need to connect with customers on a human level, make boatloads of sales, and grow with gusto. Try Drip free for 14 days (no credit card required), and start turning emails into earnings and SMS sends into cha-chings.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND